Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ready...Set...Go!!!

The party planning is running full tilt! Our sweet "Dabid" is turning 3!!! We have the date picked, the time set, our place reserved & I even managed to make what my Hubby refers to as a "freaking awesome!" party invite. (pictured below)

David is addicted to Lightning McQueen and (much to my surprise) he actually understood and answered me when I asked him, "David, what kind of a party do you want hun?" He instantly (on more than one occasion) told me, "Cars!" And with that sweet, super adorable smile of his.

We will be giving most of his party guests their "ticket" by hand delivery. If you live too far for us to do this, let us know and we can still get you your ticket, via snail mail or e-mail. Your choice, just ask.

What an emotional event this is turning out to be! Just typing the title got me choked up. My firstborn son is already going on his third year of life. He has brought us so. much. joy! I can only hope we bring even a fraction of that to his. Anyone who knows David, knows how sweet, loving, silly, creative, and smart he really is. God has blessed us with one of His beautiful children and we have had the honor to get to be his parents and know him at a heart to heart level. I once thought we would have a hard time adjusting to our lives when the time came for David to be born. That was shattered the moment the doctors laid him on my chest and he very deliberately locked eyes with me. As his Momma, I know I will never forget that, and many other precious memories. (more on that on the Birth Day post later!)

I am having SO much fun planning this and am really greatful for Pinterest, Google, and my Picsart android app! I still have things to draw, games to plan, and a menu of yummy food to buy, but I am relieved already, just to have a majority of these things ironed out and ready to go.  I know as the day nears closer I am going to be one mushy Momma! How is David already going on 3? I SWEAR we just brought our tiny blue bundle home a few months ago... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment