Our concrete stairs, they are the devil. We were on our way out to run a couple errands and just as I got to the last step two things happened at once - Brother Bear proudly announced he was going to get the mail and began booking it down the driveway, and I yelled, "No!" trying to hurry and stop him when W and I fell together on the icy concrete step. I fell straight down onto my bottom in order to avoid dropping W. Oddly enough I didn't spill a drop of my Pepsi - talented I know. Buuut not quite talented enough to not break my coccyx.
The immense pain was a dead giveaway that I had broken it. So instead of a trip to the local grocery store, I was in the ER. Before I received the pain meds I told Dan this hurt worse than labor pains. And that's definitely saying something. Up until yesterday I had never broken a bone in my life. This is something I could have went without experiencing! No excitement over here. Dan got me a foam donut to sit on but I swear the thing is harder than a rock and has more of a slit than a hole in the center. Suffice it to say I'm more comfortable sitting on the toilet all day. A big thank you to our loving church family for the meal train this week. You guys are a huge help - thank you!
Heather praying for some fast pain relief!
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam. I'm putting in a call to my doctor tomorrow, in hopes for a stronger dose. Right now it's only lasting four out of six hours.
ReplyDeleteAlso a shout out to my awesome SIL Cindy, who was there at the drop of a hat for our boys, and picked them up so they didn't have to stay and listen to Momma shrieking in agony. Thank you for loving our boys like they were your own. There are few and far between that we can trust with our kiddos.
ReplyDelete