Today is the first day of the month, our second Son will be born. December. It usually means the last month of the year, & that Christmas is nearing. This year it is so much more. I can hardly believe there are only 17 days standing between me & my due date. Days - no longer months! Feeling my Baby move within me feels different somehow, now the big day is fast approaching. In mere words, it's a strong bond beginning to build, rather than a simple kick. I find myself falling more & more in Love, with each passing day. Wondering what he will look like. What color eyes, & hair? What will his personality be like? How much will he weigh & how long will he be? I wonder what day & time he will be born. What will my labor & delivery story consist of? Oh the questions!
Now, I would be lying if I were to leave out just how nervous I feel, amidst all my excitement. It's as if I can see the sand in an hourglass, quickly slipping to the bottom. Symbolicly, this would represent David & my time together, one on one. I know it won't be impossible, but as a Mother, my heart is already aching for the transition, I know David will have to endure as he learns how to share the most important possession of his - his Momma. I am extremely excited to be able to give him a Brother, yet saddened to think of seeing his little face as he has to wait his turn for his Momma's time. Excitement, nervousness, questions...but most of all Love. With God, we will make our transition, into this brand new chapter of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment